Monday, December 15, 2008

HAPPY SEVENTEENTH POST

Much like politics, there's nothing happy about this post.

Governor BlagJERK has refused to resign his position as Chief Executive of the Somewhat-Entertaining State of Illinois. The most unfortunate thing is something I saw on Fox News.

YES I WATCHED FOX NEWS FOR FIVE MINUTES AND I HATED IT.

Moving on, the anchor was being a jerk to the Republican state legislator he was interviewing, pretty much answering his own question and exposing the state as foolish with the whole: What if he's innocent? Well, he's guilty in the Court of Public Opinion. And that my friends is politics completely. The evidence exposed by the feds shows so much corruption, but is there room for doubt? Regardless, 84% of the Illinois voters believe Blago should resign, and I agree.

He has wronged his people. And quite frankly, you just don't do that in politics. He gives Illinois a bad name. 

Blago: resign. There's no point. Impeachment is on the way, and the feds got you right where they want you. Then again, I wouldn't expect such a felon to heed sound advice that, you know, makes sense.

To finish off with a quote from Slaughterhouse Five: "So it goes."

A bit of good news, I'm seeing the Congressman again today. WIN.

Happy Monday...

No comments: